Friday, October 23, 2009

Trash is a Smelly Business

Hi all,

With Barbara on vacation having some fun in the sun, I have continued to work on the lighthouse. (This is where you feel sorry for me for being stuck in my basement while Barbara is sipping margaritas at the pool.) Last night, I made significant progress on the background. There are only a couple of areas where I need some larger items, but it is filling in nicely.

One piece of advice for those of you interested in creating your own trash sculpture…..CLEAN the trash first!! One of our generous trash collectors gave us a very pretty blue shampoo bottle. I was so excited that I just couldn’t wait to add it to our lighthouse. After drilling through the bottle and attaching it in a prominent place, I noticed a slight ooze coming from the bottle. Yep, it wasn’t quite empty yet. So now, not only is our angel beautiful, she smells nice too.

Happy Trashing,
Dianna

No comments:

Post a Comment